web Production & Marketing
My knowledge of web content strategy runs deep. My responsibilities:
• Create original, engaging content
• Produce mobile-friendly, SEO-friendly websites with clean, intuitive UX
• Design effective social media posts
• Analyze traffic for greater engagement
• Train other professionals on WordPress, Photoshop, social media best practices
By the way, this is really my computer. No stock images were used on this site.
Writing & Speaking
I have written and spoken for Business Insider, The Moth, University of Washington, NY Times and National Public Radio. Topics include:
• The joys of being an Airbnb Superhost
• Body image, equity and inclusion
• Writing for the web
• Mobile-first web design
• Photoshop and WordPress trainings
Several years ago, I started a wedding photography company. Amazing adventures followed:
• I went to 50 weddings and made vibrant, emotional photos of people. I also became a photographer for the Seattle Art Museum.
• I learned a lot about clients, communication and compassion – and how to file small business taxes.
• I met hundreds of interesting people while taking photos of them, including the man who is now my husband.
I believe in life-long learning, but here are my formal degrees:
Vassar College, B.A. English, cum laude
Seattle Community College, A.A. Web Design & Development
PERSONAL WRiting & Speaking
Intertwined in Mississippi,
When I was six, my family and I moved from Seoul, Korea to Mound Bayou, Mississippi, a town founded by two former slaves. This essay is about attending first grade there. Published under my Korean name Soyon Im.
WEB DESIGN & BRANDING
I help influence the very first impression that people get when they open the website of the University of Washington. I select the top image and work with our communications team on messaging. I ensure that the site is on-brand and optimized for multiple platforms and mobile devices. Sometimes, I also take the photo. Ultimately, my goal is to engage the audience, delight them, and get them to take meaningful actions.
I Brake for ART
For a few years, I took a break from my web career to pursue photography. During this hiatus, I worked for the Seattle Art Museum, making images of their family programs and large public events (+5000 attendants) to use on their websites, email blasts and social media.